Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:46:15 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make.conf for 6.0

--nextPart1828477.6c4K7VAjah

On Saturday 22 October 2005 09:07 am, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> My make.conf contains (fbsd-5.4)
> CFLAGS=3D -O -pipe
> COPTFLAGS=3D -O -pipe
>
> Are these settings the same for the upcoming release6 or do I need to
> set -O2 in this new version?

6.0 uses -O2 by default.  I upgraded my systems by doing a diff=20
between /usr/src/share/examples/etc/make.conf and /etc/make.conf to get a=20
list of changes I made, copying over the new (6.0) make.conf, and re-applyi=
ng=20
the parts of the diff that made sense.

The 5.x and 6.x versions are different enough that my method is probably=20
easier than attempting to hand-update the old copy.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser