Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:48:51 -0400
From:      David Jones <dej@inode.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   S/Key doesn't accept local logins

I recently implemented S/Key password enforcement for network logins from=
 hosts
that do not support SSH.  Such logins work fine; I have a list of passwor=
ds and
everything works fine.

The problem is, the system is not letting me use my regular Unix password=
 for
local logins.

My skey.access file is:

permit internet 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0
permit port ttyv0
permit port /dev/ttyv2

Network 172.16.2 is my local LAN, behind a firewall.  I have also tried l=
ocal
logins from my console ports.

Logins from hosts on 172.16.2, as well as the local console ttyv0-ttyv2 a=
ll
require S/Key password.

I have compiled skeyaccess.c from the current version S/Key library in TE=
ST
mode and ran it against my skey.access file.  It thinks that I should hav=
e Unix
password access, i.e. the above is correct.  However, I cannot ascertain =
what
login (or PAM or whatever is called between login and skey) passes in as
arguments.

I am running FreeBSD-4.1, so things are pretty recent.

What am I doing wrong?