Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:56:01 +0100
From:      <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   JDWP error with libthr (-p6)

Hi,

whenever I try to use Java (JPDA) debugging with jdk14-p6 with libthr, I
get:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP "util.c" (Jan 24 2004), line 1194:
Unexpected error, error code = 51 (JVMDI_ERROR_NOT_MONITOR_OWNER)

I think this has been reported before and was attributed to gdb being
incompatible with libthr, but I am most sure gdb is out of the loop
here.
Note I am not debugging the JVM (with gdb), I'm debugging a Java
application using another Java application (Eclipse) as the debugger.

The problem is easy to reproduce.  Just take your favorite hello-world
java program, set a breakpoint on some line, and start the (Eclipse)
debugger on it.  You will get the above error if you run with libthr but

all will be well if you run with libc_r.

--
Regards,
Georg.