Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:54:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, dyson@iquest.net
Subject:   Re: Here is what I promised :-)

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Curious, are any of the core members interested in having John
> come back --- in particular I am interested in hearing from
> JKH and PKH

I'm no core member, but...

I'm sure anyone in their right mind would appreciate having someone who
has contributed as much as Mr. Dyson return to their project.

However, this is a free world...  and we all must make choices which shape
our future and control our happiness.  If Mr. Dyson is happier and feels
that he can contribute more to the free-kernel world outside of the
FreeBSD Project, then more power to him.

I will personally regret loosing Mr. Dyson's expertise within the FreeBSD
Project, but I will also look forward to learning and benefitting from his
exciting efforts in other arenas.  The goals and ideas pertaining to his
new project(s) which he has graciously allowed us to see show the
motivation and dedication of this individual, and give me great hope for
the future of free computing.

We should not view this as a loss, but as a gain.  If Mr. Dyson has been
such a driving force behind the FreeBSD Project up to this point, and has
made truly brilliant contributions (which he has), then the new
'direction' and 'freedom' he is experiencing will only serve to increase
his productivity and brilliance.

"Best wishes, John...  and thanks for making the lives of 'the rest of us'
(those who cannot yet tackle kernel internals...) liveable."  :)

	-mike