Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:35:08 +0100
From:      Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Power saving

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to do some power saving on my laptop.

I've already do everything (almost)

	http://wiki.freebsd.org/TuningPowerConsumption

but still a very basic problem. When I boot my laptop under FreeBSD and I
do nothing the fan don't run. But if I do anything (launch firefox, launch
a find etc...) instantly the fan run (instantly= 1 or 2 sec). Event when I
just boot and the back of the laptop is very cold.

I can use my ear to known if I got a flashplugin in the web page...without
sound.....the fan warn me:-(

But when I boot Windows 7 I can launch many thing simultaneous the fan
never run or after long moment and when the back of the laptop is hot.

Any idea ?

Regards.

NB: The Laptop is a Dell latitute E6220 and it's run FreeBSD 9/stable
--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15