Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:00:29 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
To:        "Thierry Herbelot" <herbelot@cybercable.fr>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: USB ADSL modems ?

Hi :

Currently, I am using an Alcatel ADSL USB Modem (Speed Touch USB) in a
windoze box (only works with win98) configured for a PPPoA connection.

Here is part of the dmesg output when I connected it to my FreeBSD
4.1-RELEASE box :

----------------

uhci0: <Intel 82371SB (PIIX3) USB controller> port 0x5480-0x549f irq 10 at
device 1.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82371SB (PIIX3) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: port 1 power on failed, IOERROR
uhub0: port 2 power on failed, IOERROR
ugen0: ALCATEL Speed Touch USB , rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2

So, it the kernel could recognize it, but I don't know how to make it works.

RCC.