Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:23:48 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   populating man-refs.ent

Hi,
I've had more than my fair share of 'general "man.foo.x" not defined and no
default entity"-messages. "man-refs.ent" contains a lot of entities, but
a lot of entites are missing, especially for chapter 4 (kernel interfaces).

The current policy for man-refs.ent seems to be "only one step at a time".
If you need an additional entity, you'll have to add it to man-refs.ent
(or find somebody who can add it for you).

I'd like to change that, unless there's a good reason to keep this policy.
In other words, I want to submit a patch that adds entities for *all*
manpages found on an up-to-date current. The list of entites will be
created by a perl script. I plan to use this script about once a week
to keep up with the developments in currents.

Comments?

/s/Udo
--
>Every program evolves until it is capable of sending email.
Except Microsoft Exchange