Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:21:59 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Gene Bomgardner" <glbj@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        freeBSD-net@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: DSL,PPPoE, Etc

> I discovered that 3.4 supports PPPoE. So I upgraded to 3.4,
> followed the setup given in the handbook exactly (substituting as
> appropriate) and gave it a try. No Dice.
>
> I'm using a Westell modem connected via a hub. My ISP is Bell
> Atlantic.
>
> Has anyone out there managed to get PPPoE to work? Anyone
> use Bell Atlantic.net? Windoze 95 uses dial-up networking to
> establish a connection via WinPoet. In the dial up window, it
> displays "VPN Server : 111-1111" where the phone number usually
> is. Is this something I need to address when setting BSD's
> ppp.conf file? Are there any additional FAQ's or Howtos?

You may need to ``set device pppoe:xxx:111-1111'' (where xxx is your
network interface), but I'm not sure about this.

There are example configs in /usr/share/examples/ppp/.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>