Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:14:30 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Removing http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ and replacing with FreshPorts

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 12:17:35AM +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> Second I don't really think /ports/ (the web site) is that that
> critical.  If it was, more people would have complained that for a
> very long time the ports web pages were very out-of-date.

Actually, there were complaints.

I wouldn't mind adding a link to freshports.org and explaining why
it's a useful additional resource (e.g. listing some of the additional
features it provides), but I'm not sure the ports listings under
www.freebsd.org/ports should be removed.

Kris

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--