Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:03:20 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Scott Michel <scottm@cs.ucla.edu>
Cc:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>, Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MGR and libvgl

> > Mmmm, and you should see the list of software which doesn't like running in

> God only knows why!). Don't need a client. All you need is an X server.
> My desktop down there is a SS-20 with Solaris 2.6. It also seems to
> help that the SS-20 is OC-3 connected to the same switch as the NT box.
Hmm, neat, didn't realise it could act as an X client.

> That said, there are indeed a number of applications which assume they
> own the machine and video card where the user is located. This is not
> an unreasonable assumption on the part of the software, if you consider
> this an 80/20 situation.
Yeah, its still annoying tho - I also have seen a program which doesn't like
the fact that there are multiple copies running on the same machine (its
client server and uses the machine id as a unique ID :)

> Most other people who are using this Citrix spooge use the thin client
> when dialed in over PPP. I've never used it, so I won't comment on it.
Yeah, apparently it works OK.. Bits of the South Australian govt use it.

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |