Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:44:37 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Acrobat Reader 3.0 Beta for Linux! (fwd)]

Julian Elischer stands accused of saying:

> I saw this on c.o.l.a.  Now you can read encrypted pdf file on FreeBSD
> via Linux emulation.  I installed it on crab and it seems to work fine
> as long as you have the required shared libs for linux.

It has been possible to read encrypted PDF files on FreeBSD using ghostscript
and gv or ghostview for quite some time now.  It would be nice if apsfilter
recognised PDF so that one could just print the junk rather than having to
translate it first.

(Note that due to the interesting american laws regarding encryption
 technology, the PDF decoding code isn't included in the stock gs release.
 I wonder how Adobe get around this...)