Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:55:56 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@fbsd.ru>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: esd issue

--=-C1S9ZvRkz0+jRDSi1G09

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 01:52, Vladimir B. Grebenschikov wrote:
> =F7 =DE=D4, 02.10.2003, =D7 00:56, Joe Marcus Clarke =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
>=20
> > I've never seen this.  esd normally doesn't any ports by default.=20
> > Instead, it uses local sockets.
>=20
> I have expected another issue with esd, it sometimes play, sometimes
> not play (for example I've get about 1/3 of ICQ sounds)
>=20
> mplayer-esound sometimes plays sound, somtimes not, killing esd before
> mplayer is allways helps. Any ideas how to track this ?

You might be able to use gdb to break into esd when it's hung up.=20
However, it is most likely not an esd bug.  I use esd for juust about
everything I can (since it does mixing), and I have never encountered a
problem.  That said, I also don't have (nor have ever tested) esd with a
NeoMagic sound card.  I have successfully used it with ich, maestro3,
es137x, and Yamaha DS1 driven soundcard.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.  Others may be able to confirm or
deny NeoMagic problems, and a gdb back trace may help the NeoMagic
driver people identify any locking issues.

Joe

>=20
> mplayer-fonts-0.50
> mplayer-gtk-esound-0.92.0
> mplayer-skins-1.0.5_2
>=20
>=20
> % cat /dev/sndstat=20
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <NeoMagic 256AV> at memory 0xfe000000, 0xfea00000 irq 9 (1p/1r/0v
> channels duplex default)
> %
>=20
> May be it is problem of pcm driver, may be problem of esd.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > Joe