Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 16:22:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Alain Thivillon <Alain.Thivillon@hsc.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Module problems

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Alain Thivillon wrote:

> =09I had the same problem with all statically linked Linux
> binaries, including rpm. I guess that loader does not recognize as
> Linux, launch them as FreeBSD static and one of the syscall is mapped to
> halt() (for example if dont launch rpm as root, i have "Segmentation
> violation" instead of a reboot).

=09I just re-cvsuped and rebuilt everything, and I am still having the
  same problem. In fact, I've noticed something else: After the reboot, the
  _time_ (not the date, though) is modified to, generally +4 hours. I have
  no idea why this would be happening.

>=20
> =09As explained in /usr/src/UPDATING, you have to rebrand them:
>=20
>         brandelf -t Linux <static-binary>
>=20
>         The first candidate (and i think this explain you problem)
>         if of course /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig.

=09Am giving it a shot.=20

--
 Bosko Milekic * pages.infinit.net/bmilekic/index.html * www.technokratis.c=
om