Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:20:03 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Read Bandwidth from PCI to Triton II?

> I have a BitFlow Raptor PCI frame grabber (using /dev/io and /dev/mem
>and a library from bitFlow). With a Neptune based MB I could get
>20MB/s read bandwidth, using Triton II I only get 14 MB/s.
>
> Has anyone managed to get higher bandwidth from any PCI board
>with a Triton or Triton II based computer?
>
> What is the best memcpy for this application? I copy 1MB at a time.

Please don't use the term "bandwidth"....the bandwidth of PCI is always
the same (given a clock speed). The transfer rate is an entirely different
issue.....

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX