Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:00:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Heinen <mheinen0@wiesbaden-online.de>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/29570: Mark Up changes for chapter Configuration and Tuning

>Number:         29570
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Mark Up changes for chapter Configuration and Tuning
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD Moses.earth.sol 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Fri Jul 20 00:11:52 CEST 2001 toor@Moses.earth.sol:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MOSES i386

	additional files marked up with <filename>,
	replaced literal " with <quote>,
	marked up root as user,
	changed fxp0 to show up as device,
	replaced bind with &man.named.8;,
	marked up syslog, ppp as <command>
>How-To-Repeat:
	read the Chapter 'Configuration and Tuning'
>Fix:

	RCS file: /u/cvs/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/config/chapter.sgml,v
	retrieving revision 1.12
	diff -r1.12 chapter.sgml
	158,159c158,159
	< 	partition and be done with it?  Then I don't have to worry
	< 	about undersizing things!</para>
	---
	> 	  partition and be done with it?  Then I don't have to worry
	> 	  about undersizing things!</para>
	244c244,245
	<       or 'make world' will not overwrite the <filename>rc.conf</filename>
	---
	>       or <command>make world</command> will not overwrite the
	>       <filename>rc.conf</filename>
	267c268,269
	<       identified with a ".default" suffix.  If there are no existing
	---
	>       identified with a <quote>.default</quote> suffix.  If there
	>       are no existing
	285,287c287,289
	<     <para>It can be quickly seen that only the srm.conf file has been
	<       changed.  A later update of the apache port would not overwrite
	<       this changed file.</para>
	---
	>       file has been changed.  A later update of the apache port would not
	>       overwrite this changed file.</para>
	305,308c307,313
	<       system startup with a 'start' argument, and at system shutdown
	<       with a 'stop' argument.  This is the recommended way for
	<       starting system-wide services that are to be run as root, or that
	<       expect to be started as root.  These scripts are registered as
	---
	>       system startup with a <option>start</option> argument, and at
	>       system shutdown with a <option>stop</option> argument.
	>       This is the recommended way for
	>       starting system-wide services that are to be run as
	>       <username>root</username>, or that
	>       expect to be started as <username>root</username>.
	>       These scripts are registered as
	364c369
	<       and maintained by non-root users.</para>
	---
	367c372,373
	<       time specification may be replaced by '@reboot', which will
	---
	>       time specification may be replaced by <literal>@reboot</literal>,
	>       which will
	383,384c389,391
	<     <para>A given network interface has one "real" address, and may
	<       have any number of "alias" addresses.  These aliases are
	---
	>       and may have any number of <quote>alias</quote> addresses.
	>       These aliases are
	388c395,396
	<     <para>An alias entry for the interface 'fxp0' looks like:</para>
	---
	>       looks like:</para>
	403c411,412
	<     <para>For example, consider the case where the fxp0 interface is
	---
	>     <para>For example, consider the case where the
	>       <devicename>fxp0</devicename> interface is
	446,447c455,456
	< 	      <entry>Extra sendmail configuration, other MTA configuration
	< 		files.
	---
	> 	      <entry>Extra &man.sendmail.8; configuration, other
	> 		MTA configuration files.
	452c461,462
	< 	      <entry>Configuration for both user- and kernel-ppp programs.
	---
	> 	      <entry>Configuration for both user- and
	> 	        kernel-<command>ppp</command> programs.
	457c467
	< 	      <entry>Default location for bind(8) data.  Normally the
	---
	> 	      <entry>Default location for &man.named.8; data.  Normally the
	472,473c482,483
	< 	      <entry>Persistent system-specific data files, such as bind zone
	< 		files, database files, and so on.</entry>
	---
	> 	      <entry>Persistent system-specific data files, such as
	> 		&man.named.8; zone files, database files, and so on.</entry>
	602c612,613
	< 	  of syslog messages are logged to particular log files.</para>
	---
	> 	  of <command>syslog</command> messages are logged to particular
	> 	  log files.</para>
	653,654c664,665
	< 	  causing them to be named: logfile.0.gz, logfile.1.gz, and so
	< 	  on.</para>
	---