Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 20:26:04 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   /home/smp now available by CTM..

Hmm, we have a lot of new faces on the SMP mailing list... :-)

Now that I've imported a new -current onto the vendor branch of /home/smp,
every file has been touched (one line added).  This is going to mean
anybody using sup to get the repository are going to get the entire 15MB
all over again.

Now might be a good time to mention that ctm deltas are being generated
(and available from ftp://freefall/pub/CTM/smp-cur/*) and the initial
delta is 3MB.

The new -current import results in merely a 172K file, instead of 15MB. :-)

Since more imports are likely, it might be worth investigating CTM if
you're on a slow line.

The details again:
* For Direct remote-cvs access;  set $CVSROOT to freefall:/home/smp

* For sup, copy the cvs example line for the sys collection, but use
release "smp" instead, ie:
    src-sys release=smp host=sup.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home \
    base=/usr prefix=/usr/cvs delete old use-rel-suffix

* And, for ctm, grab the deltas from /pub/CTM/smp-cur from freefall's ftp
area, or get youself added to the mailing list for the deltas.

The tree is currently broken after the import, my task for this evening is
to update the locore.s code and end up having it readable and working. :-)

-Peter