Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:28:02 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kldload: Unsupported file type

John Baldwin wrote:
>>> It is printed whenever a kernel module is loaded.
>>> The modules load OK. Nothing special or different about them.

> The kernel is a link_elf type object I believe, so you have to have it.

That follows (I was reading this the other day 'cause we don't support
weak ELF symbols in the kernel for C++) however, why is the message
being triggered now?

Could it be ET_REL ?
There have been no major changes to linking for the 6.3 buildkernel
target IIRC.

BTW only my amd64 system appears to be affected.

later
BMS