Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:58:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        fidol@etnlx
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

>                     Yonezawa, Japan, February 27 th
>
> Dear Sirs:
>
>           I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE over a Network
> by means of a Ethernet controller. The model is EtherLink III. I
> already set up the Hardware configuration, but at the time to choose
> the network installation I get only:
>
>   - cuaa0 serial port COM 1
>   - cuaa1 serial port COM 2
>   - lp0 parallel port
> etc.
>
>   My question is: where is the option for Ethernet? It means that
> the system has not recognized the board?

Yes.  This is your problem.  The option will only be presented if the
board has been successfully probed.

You can boot "-c" at the boot prompt, and type "visual" to set the
driver to see the card.  You will need to know the card parameters
(IRQ, base address, etc.) before doing this.

If this is a PCMCIA version of the card, you will want
h's boot disk.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---