Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:27:25 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        fpolansky@volny.cz, openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OOo 2.0.0_1 and gnome 2.12 and freebsd 6.0

> please see
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0-devel/work/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/unix/shellscripts_module.txt
> I think update-desktop-database is a command (?) that updates your menu.

This command appears to be part of GNOME - it is definitely not
something that gets installed by OpenOffice.org, on any platform.

I looked around the OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 tar file and finally found this
directory:

/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOA680_m1/extras/unx/source/kde/

That's exactly what I was looking for. There are icons in there along
with mime types and an applnk script. I didn't have the time to dig into
all the files yet, but this definitely can be turned into something that
leads to nice KDE desktop integration. I am just not sure how to do it
the "OO.o" way. All I can think of is adding some post-install hacks to
the port's Makefile. Would this be an appropriate solution for now?

- Bartosz