Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:51:21 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lint

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:35:01PM -0500, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> It's much faster than gcc and a good deal of work went into making it
> retargetable.

But there isn't code generators for Alpha and PowerPC (that I know of),
and it isn't ISO-C99.  Sounds like a good project... hint, hint.

> It would be nice to see a competitive, BSD licensed alternative spring
> up to keep new ideas flowing.

TenDRA fits that and IMHO is a more industrial straight compiler than
LCC.  BUT as we have seen, no one has picked up TenDRA and moved forward
with it.  Adding ISO-C99 support would be one thing needed.  Retargeting
to Alpha, PowerPC, and IA-64 another.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX