Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 16:46:31 -0300 (EST)
From:      Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade <paulo@fiscodata.com.br>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   soft-updates problem

  Hi,

  I hope this is the correct place to post this.

  Enabled soft-updates in a system here, for testing purposes, but then,
after a day or two, our cobol programs refused to work, the error messages
said that programs could not open more files, after a reboot, things
became normal again.

  Tried with IBCS2 as a kld and as a kernel option. The problem is always
reproducible. Without softupdates, there are no problems.

(MicroFocus cobol)

% cobrun
V3.1 revision 54 build 10/10/2 G; 35393. Run Time System AXCGG/ZZ0/00000A

% uname -a
FreeBSD develop.fiscodata.com.br 3.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #0: Wed
May 12 09:17:01 EST 1999
paulo@develop.fiscodata.com.br:/usr/src/sys/compile/DEVELOP  i386

  If you are interested in more information, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Paulo

--
For perfect happiness, remember two things:
	(1) Be content with what you've got.