Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:04:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of FreeBSD security work? Audit, regression and crypto swap?

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:49:39 +0200, Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= wro
te:

> Greg Lewis wrote:
> > I think the recent import of TCFS <http://tcfs.dia.unisa.it/>; into OpenBSD
> > is also fairly interesting.
>
> Pretty kewl! Is anybody looking at trying it out for FreeBSD?

Is it really cool?  I've always thought that crypted swap is a waste of
time, given the fact that access to the swap device implies far more
serious problems already.  Now that we have a reference to Niels' paper,
though, we can see what his motivation for developing this was.

We should definitely not even consider this until we're sure it's
useful.  I'd hate to introduce source just for the purposes of keeping
our bullet list as long as OpenBSD's. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.