Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 20:01:30 -0600
From:      Blaine Minazzi <bminazzi@w3page.com>
To:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com
Cc:        Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>, Paul Civati <paul@xciv.org>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP Relay probing - Should I follow up - advice?

> number of these spammers are buying access from big spam providers who, in
> turn, buy access from large access providers, like alter.net, who just
> don't care as long as the check doesn't bounce.

I have noticed a lot of crap originating from alter.net's downstream.

Can we band together and dely all mail services to alter.net's
customers?
Or, maybe push other backbone providers to cancel the peering
arangements with them.

That might send the legit customers somewhere else, if lots of there
mail comes back denied, or the cannot connect to many services.

We have got to find a way to put the hurt on these fu&%ing theives, and
those that support them.

Blaine