Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 1996 16:14:00 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <cmakin@nla.gov.au>
To:        Jerry Kelley <jerryk@iquest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone have info on IP Filter build & install for FreeBSD?

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Jerry Kelley wrote:

> I'm looking at the IP Filter program and am wondering if anyone has got
> it up and running with FreeBSD. If so, I'd like just a few brief hints

I'm using it on FreeBSD 2.1.5R.

> on the instructions from the INSTALL.xBSD file that comes with it. Are
> there any changes to this info for FreeBSD or can I just follow the
> info in there "as-is" without modification?

Just follow the docs.  I haven't tried the kernel install but the module
install works well.  I'm mainly using the NAT features to gateway my home
subnet out.

The kernel compile after doing the "minstall" is necessary.  Don't forget
it. <grin>

and before anyone spits I'm also using squidcache and socks.  There are
some things that arn't socksified.

> Is there anywhere I can get more info on IP Filter? Are there any web
> pages that have some links to docs or any other info that might be of
> use?

Try;

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html

it's the home page for it.