Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 09:16:47 -0500
From:      Susie Ward <webmaster@web-trends.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS/pppd

Dialups were working great, they could go anywhere inside or outside my
network, but I was still using SWB as my primary DNS. Yesterday I setup my
own primary DNS, did nslookups, etc using my DNS server to check it, all
seemed well. Updated my NIC info to change to my own DNS server which
doesnt actually get updated until tonite.

I tried dialing up and I couldnt get anywhere, couldnt even telnet into my
own domain. So nothing is working locally or outside my network thru pppd.
I havent changed anything in my pppd settings, so I'm assuming this is a
DNS related problem. Could this possibly be because NIC hasnt updated it
yet? That doesnt really make sense, but the fact that it just stopped
working while my DNS server seems to be operating properly doesnt really
make sense either.

If anyone has any idea of something that I can check that might be causing
this it would be greatly appreciated, we are planning to start signing
people up Monday!

TIA

Susie Ward
Voltage Networks