Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 13:37:18 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange entries in /usr/src/Makefile

 * Actually it has a bug too, it assumes src and ports are sitting
 * side by side.  I caught this when you pointed on the symlink
 * from /usr/src/ports -> /usr/ports or where ever it may be.
 *
 * DO NOT apply my patch, it is not a general solution to the
 * problem :-(.  And infact for anyone who has symlinked /usr/src
 * off some place will probably be the wrong solution :-(.
 *
 * Need more time to think about this to see if I can come up with
 * a real solution.  Any ideas???

That's right, many people have /usr/src -> /a/src and /usr/ports ->
/b/ports kinds of setups.

The only way to "solve" this is to use the full pathname "/usr/ports"
in there, but then it will screw up people who have src and ports side
by side on a separate location.

I'd prefer it nuked, it just doesn't belong here.

Satoshi