Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:34:27 +1100
From:      "Edward Hwang" <hwang_edward@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: freebsd-newbies Digest, Vol 101, Issue 6

>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:31:21 -0500
>From: Justin Pessa <jstn@sdf.lonestar.org>
>Subject: Re: winxp and freebsd
>To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
>
>On Feb 22 05:49PM, Eric wrote:
> > I want to configure my pc to dual boot winxp and freebsd.  Should I
> > install winxp first?  Or freebsd first.
>
>You'd want to install XP first and then install fbsd. XP will always
>install its own boot loader to the disk.

Yes. you should install Xp first.
My case I have installed a MBR manager and chose an option (Not touch boot
record) when you install FreeBSD.
Oh, b4 you install FreeBSD, be aware of types of hardware installed in your
machine by checking my Computer -> device manager -> then get IRQ and
hardware details. It would be handy.

Cheers,
Edward