Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:26:19 +0000
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   bsdinstall use on rpi4

Hi,

I'm trying to use bsdinstall on
FreeBSD-15.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-RPI-20240111-a61d2c7fbd3c-267507.img
to install to usb3-connected HD, using the 'expert mode' for UFS,
after having initially booted from mmcsd.

The goal is to boot to usb3 with freebsd on UFS filesystem, and to have
that filesystem split into partitions, and the partitions having various
properties. IOW not to have it all on /. I'd like to use GPT instead of MBR.

Is this (bsdinstall) method 'correct' or should I use some other method?

I've tried this method but get errors after the fetching phase.

1. "manifest not found on local disk and will be fetched from an
     unverified source..."
     http://void.f-m.fm.user.fm/error1.png

2. "error while extracting base.txz: can't create
    /usr/share/untrusted/Sonera_Class_2_Root_CA.pem"
    http://void.f-m.fm.user.fm/error2.png

3. "could not set root password. An installation step has been
    aborted. Would you like to restart the installation or exit
    the installer?"
    http://void.f-m.fm.user.fm/error3.png