Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:55:43 -0500
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        Joel Sutton <jsutton@bbcon.com.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unix World Jan 1991 - 10 Predictions for the '90s

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 04:13:16AM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:

> Heh.. there's such a thing as a keyboard-ridden GUI environment. And that's
> mine - WindowMaker. The simple beauty of the shell comes with a victim -
> productivity. I can do a hell of a lot more at once with X than console.
> Although that's mostly because of higher resolutions and more scrollback
> support. ;)

Syscons provides for both.  Using vidcontrol 80x30 (or your favourite
variation thereof) and "options SC_HISTORY_SIZE=2048" will get you a
long way.

Now if syscons would just have a working destructive (vidcontrol -c
destructive) then I'd be really happy.  :)  The cursor has a tendency
to spontaneously become non-destructive when certain cons25 escape
codes are sent.

Things still missing: multiple cut'n'paste buffers, and a pop-up menu
		      to remind me what's running on each of the 15
		      different vtys.  Sometimes a faster "-r fast"
		      would be nice, too.

--
Signature withheld by request of author.