Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:24:34 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   First shot at Alpha ... hangs on kern.flp ...

We got an Alpha awhile back that I'm trying to dual-boot into FreeBSD ...
I know soooo little about this thing, being primarily x86/Sparc all my
life ... when I do a 'boot dva0', I see:

"Digital Ultimate Workstation 533au2 Console V5.8-2, 26 Jul 2000"

come up ... the front LCD states "Model 533au2" ...

It gets as far as:

FreeBSD/alpha SRM disk boot, Revision 1.0
(jkh@...)
Memory: 524288 k
/

and then it hangs ... looking at the floppy after ~5min of trying to be
patient, th elight goes on and off, as if its still reading the drive, but
the '/' no longer turns or anything ...

I don't even know where to start debugging this, unfortunately ... help?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org