Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 1996 22:39:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geoff Wells <geoff@ginsu.com>
To:        Amedeo Beck Peccoz <monboso@masternet.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'd like Samba

I agree.  I've been having problems as well and the documentation doesn't
seem to be up to par.  Although I don't think this is the place for the
discussion (but I don't know where the right place is either ;).

I've been trying to get my system working as well ( WFW 3.11 client with
FreeBSD 2.1 server)  I can mount any publicly available drive but
something like /home just doesn't work.  I can't seem to get the password
authentication working.  Something I did notice is that public drives get
mounted as noboby ( ie GID, UID = 65535, 65535 ).  This might explain why
I can never get the right password.

Another thing I can't get right is the name service.  I just can't seem
to manage a browsable network.  All I get it "Network unavailable".  :(

If this discussion belongs in another group please tell me the list.  If
you have any idea what is going on, even better.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

Later,
Geoff.