Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 09:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin Martin <sigma@pair.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Buslogic 948 (and 946)

Is Buslogic still not releasing information on programming their new
gee-whiz-bang 948 SCSI controller (and its sister the 958)?  I did manage
to get the 948 to work with 2.1.0R, by setting "ISA Mode" to "Primary", so
it maps itself like a 946.

Do I correctly understand, though, that the bt driver doesn't do tag
queueing?  So that the Buslogic, although more physically stable than
Adaptec controllers, is really a waste of money right now?

I'm trying to settle on which controller to use for future systems; I'm
guessing the Adaptec 3940 or 3940W.

Thanks,
Kevin Martin
sigma@pair.com