Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:39:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@iro.umontreal.ca>
To:        chad@DCFinc.com
Cc:        melange@yip.org (Bob K), msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, boing@boing.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [OT] DOS-in-ROM (was Re: fbsdboot.exe can't load elf kernels)

Same here.. :))

I tried to run it as an X terminal, but the libs filled up the
drive.. :))

The worst part is that I needed PicoBSD to install FreeBSD, as the
install floppies/kernel were too big...

--- Big Brother told Chad R. Larson to write, at 18:28 of January 12:
> As I recall, Bob K wrote:
> > Just as an aside, I spent all day today using an 80286 laptop with
> > DOS-in-ROM (running TeleMate off a floppy).  Now this has got me wondering
> > if PicoBSD would run on that thing...
>
> Don't think so.  The FreeBSD kernel needs 80386 hardware registers
> and memory management at the minimum.
>
> On the other hand, I bought (flea market, $25) a Compaq 386/20
> laptop with an 80Mb hard drive and 4Mb of RAM.  It boots and runs
> FreeBSD.
>
> 	-crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
> chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net
> DCF, Inc. - 14623 North 49th Place, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254-2207

Si l'image donne l'illusion de savoir
C'est que l'adage pretend que pour croire,
L'important ne serait que de voir

Lofofora