Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 23:02:24 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fclose(NULL) - 2 versions of FBSD & cc & 2 different behavours

A lot of time  ago my collegue wrote the c-prog intended to be ran
as cgi script. He did mistake in prog:
to check that file existed he opened it with fopen (why not access I
didnt
understand :) and after some action closed it with fclose. Upon
some condition as I said the file might not existed. So prog did
fclose(NULL) in fact. Now interesting thing. On the 2.2.7-R systems
having been compiled with 2.7.2.1 it never been crashed. But on
3.2-S recently cvsupped &amp; makeworlded latly having been compiled
with cc  2.7.2.3  it crashes with 10 SIG (as expected I beleave).
Somebody have a words of wisdom?

--
WBW  Andy V. Oleynik        PGP key's fingerprint
prime.net.ua's              D0 1E 7B B4 33 65 49 97  9C 79 7C 64 5C 9C F3 25