Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:26:00 -0600
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Via Technologies Ethernet Card

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:57:21 -0800 (PST)
Veronica Brainfluff <danimariepies@yahoo.com> insisted:

> I am wondering if FreeBSD will support my ethernet
> card.  It is built onto the motherboard, which is a
> Soyo SY-KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum.  The driver for
> the ethernet doesn't give explicit detail about the
> card.  It just calls it VIA PCI 10/100 Mb Fast
> Ethernet Adapter.

I recently put together a bare bones kit that uses the Soyo
SY-K7VEMPRO motherboard which also uses a lot of VIA on-board
stuff and I was able to get all of it working. Video, sound, and
the on-board ethernet. This one told me that it uses Realtek
drivers in the quick start guide. You could start there if you
can't find any other info.

Did FreeBSD find the on-board NIC when you installed it? If it
did then it's just a matter of going thorough dmesg and choosing
the needed driver.

Good luck.

--
 Lute