Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 16:57:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>
Cc:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy web pages

On Sun, 9 May 1999, eagle wrote:

> O.K. Nobody is trying to fight a battle here. None of us that are working
> on the advocacy site object to having the site in the cvs tree, as it
> would be easier to get people to work with us on it. The real problem
> quite simply is this.
>
> Neither Jim Mock or myself have access to freefall
>
> so then to make a change to the site we would have to bug/harrass somebody
> with commit priviliges to get it done. Neither Jim or I would be happy
> with such an arrangement.
>
> So if somebody finally wants to break down and give Jim access to
> freefall, come on I know you guys gotta be getting tired of updating his
> ports .. blatant plug for jim
>
> perhaps we could do this and end this discussion about it.

I'm on whjat seems to be an ultra low-speed link, so I'll make my answer
brief. :>

I'm all for making a few of the advocacy people committers, and I'd serve
as the cvs mentor for these people and the contact point. However some
discussion needs to be made on where the advocacy pages would go in the
repository.

I'm willing to work to do this the right way.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -