Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2019 18:23:16 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need X-server to run in bhyve guest

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >=20
> > Now I'd like to concentrate on the question how to start a graphical
> > desktop environment in a bhyve guest.
>=20
> Ok, found the issue, or atleast a work around... scfb is not probing corr=
ectly,
> so create:
> 	/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-scfb.conf
> With this in it:
>=20
> Section "Device"
>      Identifier    "Card0"
>      Driver        "scfb"
> EndSection
>=20
> Your x11 should then work fine....  I tested with xfce

Great, it works! I confirm it working with xfce and gdm (from gnome3).

Had to set xhci_mouse=3D"no", which means that the mouse pointer in the VM
is not quite in sync with the real mouse pointer, but the GUI starts all
right!

Thank you, I think I can start testing various DEs. I've created a small
how-to in Russian: https://victor-sudakov.dreamwidth.org/487181.html

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/