Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 06:19:01 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Subject:   suspend problems between 4.2R and 4.5 ?

Hi,
i just upgraded FreeBSD on my laptop (Sharp AX10) from roughly 4.2
(late april 2001) and a RELENG_4 of a few days ago, and it seems
that suspend does not work anymore -- apm still reports the capabilities
right, but apm -z hangs the machine within a couple of seconds without
going into the bios to save memory onto disk.
I thought i screwed up the suspend partition on disk, but this is not the
case because if I boot the old kernel suspend works fine.

The kernel config file seems the same -- files in sys/i386/apm/ have
not changed significantly between the two kernels, so i was wondering
what could be the cause of this proble.

Any idea, before i go and do a binary search on kernels compiled
with sources between now and last year to find out when the problem
came out ?

	thanks
	luigi