Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:55:49 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        Jason Porter <leporter@xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux_base-7.1 problem

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:35:41AM -0600, Jason Porter wrote:
> Now maybe I'm missing something, or maybe the port isn't configured
> correctly, but when I try to make install it almost finishes then throws
> a bunch of errors relating to glibc-common-2.2.2-10 conflicting with
> glibc-2.1.2-11.  It finally exists with an Error code 1 and stops the
> install.  Anyone else have this problem?

This happens sometimes when there are leftovers in /compat/linux from
linux_base-6, if you can rm -fr /compat/linux/* and reinstall linux
base 7, you will most likely have to reinstall most apps that are
related to linux.  There is probably a more precise way to fix this,
but I haven't looked into it much.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>