Date:      Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:09:51 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   About changing nautilus timeouts

I've been googling for this to no avail, so I thought someone here might
be able to enlighten me.

I am using Nautilus to connect to an FTP server that is rather sluggish
(yeah, you guessed it: MS IIS). The slowness of this server makes
Nautilus timeout ("The folder contents could not be displayed") after
authentication and while trying to list the directory contents. I can
confirm that the list operation takes some time, using /usr/bin/ftp, but
eventually completes. So I'm guessing Nautilus (or some core gnome thing
- gnomevfs?) has shorter timeouts than that. However I can't seem to
find anything relevant in nautilus, cog or gconf. So, is there any way
to increase the relevant timeout at all?

Thanks,
Panagiotis