Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:25:59 -0000
From:      "Alan Edmonds" <kb5zuy@airmail.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ata drive under -current

i think I saw the same problem.  I was trying to do a
make buiildworld and the system hung early in the build
process (while it was rm /usr/obj and cleaning dirs).
I froze hard; no ctl-alt-del, no nothing.  I had to remove
the battery to reboot it (it's a laptop).

I rebooted the old kernel and re-cvsuped and rebuilt and
it works fine now.

Alan Edmonds