Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 07:34:29 -0500
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
To:        BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Authenticated SMTP for roaming users

On Sunday 07 October 2001 18:12, BSD Freak wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone been able to setup FreeBSD with sendmail relaying mail for
> users who authenticate to the box.
>
> I have romaing users, that dial up to a varity of ISPs and I have the
> problem of having to change their outgoing mail setting depending on
> where they are going to be.
>
> I certianly do not not desire (or think it would be responsible) to open
> up my SMTP server to the world.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance......

Hi,

I've got a perl script that parses my popusers.log file, pulls out the last
IP addresses for the users, creates a text file and adds these to the access
db for sendmail.  The only changes to a stock system are make pop syslog to a
different queue and then run the script every 5 mins.   I don't have mobile
users (outside of the fact that they are dialups) so I don't know how long
your users stay on-lline (5 min might be too long).

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek