Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 00:21:38 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Userland ppp

Hmm, I haven't heard any other reports like this.  Try adding the
following line to your config

  set log physical dns tcp/ip

This should show all IP traffic, outbound DNS requests and what ppp
is actually writing to the link.  The only thing we can really do
here is ensure that all the data is being written to the modem in
the same way.  Given that there's nothing wrong there, I'd suggest
seeing how far traceroute gets.... perhaps something upstream is
dropping data.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>