Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:02:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jef Dodson <jefdodson@yahoo.com>
To:        Adam Fabian <afabian@austin.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: drive geometry error

So, I swapped out the WD 250 GB drive for a Maxtor 10GB drive from an old iMac and the
installation worked.  So, the problem I was having was definitely related to the hard drive, but I
don't know exactly what the problem was.  Is there a general problem with using large drives with
BSD?  Is there something special that I need to do in order to use a 250GB drive?  Like I said
before, the drive works fine under Debian so I know the drive itself is OK.  Thanks.

Jef