Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:17:20 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG, mcambria@lucent.com
Subject:   Re: sendmail masquerading unregistered domain

> And, of course, that also means that using such techniques as
> RBL-blocking spammers via your own SMTP daemon aren't likely to be
> all that effective, since the spammer's SMTP dialog wasn't with
> your daemon anyway.  :-(

I think check_local includes patches to let you parse the received
line. If you use POP3 to collect mail, there are -some- advantages :)
You can use HEAD <msg> 0 to fetch just the headers and scan them
so you can delete spam straight away (without having to wait for
the mail to be downloaded). Obviously less of a problem if you don't
have to pay for phone calls though..:)