Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:13:41 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jonas@mcs.net
Subject:   Re: Read Bandwidth from PCI to Triton II?

>From The Desk Of "Lars Jonas Olsson" :
>  Has anyone managed to get higher bandwidth from any PCI board
> with a Triton or Triton II based computer?

Oops, I forgot to answer this question.

Yeah, with the matrox meteor and PCI to PCI to a video frame buffer
such an S3 968 I routinely get about 37MBs 8)
I would love to connect two matrox meteors cards and have them
blast the screen at full speed to see what happens. If I am not
mistaken Jim Lowe has done this...

The matrox meteor driver has code to support this feature look for
METEOR_TEST_VIDEO and I modify "tv" to support this mode.

My system is a P100 and a Triton I ASUS motherboard.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio