Date:      Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:18:07 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        geoff@apro.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros 5212 based card causing system freeze - suggested replacement?

On 13 September 2011 13:58, Geoff Roberts <geoff@apro.com.au> wrote:

> Got the new card today and it works perfectly. VAPs are also getting their own
> MAC address so thanks for the chipset suggestion.
>
> I still have the Netgear card and the old system if there is anything you
> would like me to try there.

Sweet, that's great news.

I'm under the impression that the AR5212 series chipsets also support
the BSSID filter - ie, multiple MAC addresses, one per VAP - but it
could be something introduced in later revisions/MAC versions. I'll
double-check when I've finished my 11n stuff.

As for the old card/system - I'm working with another ath(4) AR5212
PCI NIC owner who is helping me trace down a PCI regression between
8.x and -HEAD. Hopefully fixing this will result in fixing it for you
as well. (But I'd keep the AR5418 - it'll do 11n. :-)

Adrian