Date:      Wed, 2 Nov 2022 21:57:00 +0100
From:      Thomas Zander <riggs@freebsd.org>
To:        Jonathan Vasquez <jon@xyinn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org,  FreeBSD Errata Notices <errata-notices@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-22:21.zfs

On Wed, 2 Nov 2022 at 15:12, Jonathan Vasquez <jon@xyinn.org> wrote:

> I spoke to Richard today, and asked him your question on your behalf. He =
said the following:

> "Most of the time, the issue does not go to disk. When it does they are n=
ot well understood yet. He would probably know if it did since things could=
 go horribly wrong, but if he wants to try to be sure, he could try using z=
db -bcc ... to try to verify certain things about his pool, but again, the =
results of undefined behavior in the btree code is not well understood. It =
is a very complex thing to analyze and I have not had time to do that. Ther=
e are a couple of bug reports in GitHub that I suspect are related, but can=
not prove currently."

OK, cool, thanks for updating us on the current knowledge of the bug.
Appreciate it!