Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 06:54:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        phil grainger <freebsd@pronet.net.au>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix Review --NT suckup rag

> Walnut Creek IMHO is probably not the right organisation to offer
> commercial support for (our) freebsd,
> But 110% better than none or just talking about it.

That's basically my attitude.  It would be uncharted territory for
them and there are certainly more ideal scenarios I could imagine for
a tech support org, but they also probably have a better "core" of
engineers on tap than anyone (myself, dg, mike, etc) and given that
they already have a payroll dept, medical plan, insurance and all the
other dozen things you're going to need if you want to hire 4 or 5
people and put them on the phones to provide "primary" support, it
makes it just that much easier to contemplate.  Any figures out there
on "median pricing" of tech support contracts, both email-only and
email + phone-in?  Do people see a serious demand for on-site
engineering visits as well?

> Have you spoken to the bsd programming team yet?

Who's that? :)

- Jordan