Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:30:01 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rt_sigsuspend (linux) needed for staroffice5 on -stable

Karel Joop Bosschaart wrote:

> > "rt_sigsuspend should not be implemented on -stable, because it breaks
> >  more than it fixes. setresuid is not implemented in -current (yet)."
> >
> > So is there no chance at all to get staroffice 5.1a running on -stable?
> I decided to deinstall linux_base 6.1 and reinstall linux_base 5.2.
> StarOffice works again now (I did a fresh install from the ports).

I have an implementation of rt_sigsuspend for -stable. It fixes
StarOffice. I need to know if it doesn't break the installation of
StarOffice, because that was the primary reason for not implementing
rt_sigsuspend. If StarOffice (the port) installs for me, I'll commit
rt_sigsuspend. It seems that not having rt_sigsuspend on -stable is
becoming more and more a problem.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/